Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Tricia Huddas & Co. Real Wedding - Colleen and Mike, part one

Colleen and Mike were wed last September in Holland, Michigan. This post is a long time coming, but I am just able to get my hands on the pictures. I am home in Michigan this week, and after many requests, I just had to get the images myself...from my family...as it was my little sister’s wedding and who else can I make a comment like that about!

I was not only the maid of honor, but also the wedding planner – a weird, but fun, position. It was different to be “working” the wedding, pulling both duties – I can usually get away with more comfortable shoes, but at this wedding I was running in heels all night. But I also got to enjoy a cocktail or two, not something I partake in when working! I come from a family of four kids – two older brothers and my younger sister, who is the stereotypical “baby of the family," so I picked on her as much as I could growing up and still do – it is my job isn’t it?

For as long as I can remember, she and I have grown up with opposite tastes. We have a similar style, but our color preferences have always been different, so her wedding involved a lot of biting my tongue when she decided on a bold black and red affair – I am much more subdued in my choices. Bold colors and all, the wedding was beautiful and a true success!

My mother is a real DIY person and decorates cakes on the side for friends and family, so most of the items for my sister’s wedding were designed and created by me, my mother and sister - from the invitations, programs and place cards, to the wedding cake! We even put my Aunt and Dad to work on the weekend of her bridal shower to assemble the invitations that I had designed!

Here is a sneak peak of some of the details and keep checking back as I will post all about the wedding day! Don't forget we do travel for wedding planning!




Here is me and my beautiful sister on her wedding day!




Photography by Kelli WisemanClever Creations Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment