Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Inquiring minds want to know...Tricia's Engagement Story

As you may have heard (or just read), Danny and I got engaged on a trip to Michigan which we planned in honor of my parents' retirement. We are extremely excited and I am enjoying the adjustment of being on this side of the table. So everyone is asking, HOW DID IT HAPPEN?

Well, the short version goes a little something like this: Danny arrived in Michigan a few days after me, and knew he wanted to ask me on the pier in Grand Haven as soon as we planned our trip. He wanted to make sure to have my father's blessing first, so he asked my father that morning, and that evening - as we took a stroll out to the pier - he got down on bended knee and asked me to spend the rest of my life with him!

It was perfect, and I am excited to plan the wedding!

Here I am, right after the proposal...

We stopped and took these great pictures on the rocks at the base of the pier, with our proposal spot in the background – The Grand Haven Pier.

No comments:

Post a Comment