Friday, May 29, 2009

Jackie's Wedding Planning Journey - The Big Move and a Touching Gift

The last few weeks have held some big and exciting changes for Matt and I. We closed on our new house last week, and I have never felt as grown-up as I did signing those final papers and being handed the keys to our house! 5 days later we are almost moved out of the rental house and into our home! And if that's not great enough, my cat, Soozie, has been returned to us after living with my parents for 2 years due to space issues with the dog! Matt thinks she's evil...I think she's just spoiled.


On to wedding-related posting... I wanted to share this picture of my shower, and the story of the most meaningful gift I received.


Matt's grandmother gave us this wonderful surprise - her 50-year-old China...from Japan (got that?). When Matt's grandfather was in Japan, on his way to Vietnam, he bought this China for her. He picked out the pattern and they made the 96-piece set right in front of him! She still has every piece after all these years. It was so thoughtful of her to give it to us, and the gesture really made me feel like a part of the family.

Are you registering for China, or are you counting on China - or other family heirlooms - to be gifted to you for your wedding?

4 comments:

  1. All the pieces are STILL in tact? No pressure there, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I can pretty much guarantee that in 50 years Matt and I will not have all 96 pieces!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!! that is a nice gift Jackie. I sure hope it is a pattern you like!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rally heartfelt story! Unique gift.. wedding planners in Florida are most amazing to go for

    ReplyDelete