Thursday, July 2, 2009

Jackie's Wedding Planning Journey - Yogi Bride

This past weekend marked 1 month until my wedding day! A month ago I really felt like I didn't have a whole lot going on in the realm of planning my wedding. Almost everything was picked out and ordered, all of my vendors were on track, and I just felt like everything was in order. My, my, what a difference a few weeks make. For any of you who have gotten married you know what I mean. In the last two weeks I have been running around like a chicken with my head cut off - verifying details that I didn't know existed, paying vendors, preparing timelines, paperwork , etc. I can hardly fall asleep at night without thinking of 5 things I need to do the next day that are wedding-related! But who wants to hear about all of that? How about a post about my new-found method for relaxation! Bride or not, we could all use 20 minutes sometimes; so read on...

My new salvation is 20 minutes a day of Yoga (for beginners, naturally). Yoga is a great way to relax yet still work out muscles! It's like a 2 for 1 deal. I found a cheap pink yoga mat at Target, and that is all I have purchased! No need to buy a DVD, when there is so much on the Internet and even OnDemand television. My favorite resource thus far is Mind, Body and Spirit Fitness. These 3 simple poses are so easy to do and only take a few minutes to calm me down.

You Tube is also an excellent, free resource from which to learn breathing techniques and new yoga positions. I found over 500,000 yoga videos! So, grab a mat and take 20 minutes to relax!

No comments:

Post a Comment