Friday, July 10, 2009

Jackie's Wedding Planning Journey - DJ Jazzy Jackie

For the last week I have been suffering from a ridiculous sinus infection! It's been a very long time since I have been this sick, so I guess it has just built up over the last year and then, BAM, hit me like a ton of bricks. On top of that, I woke up on Tuesday morning with pink eye! So much for "Zen" bride - less than 3 weeks until the wedding and I am a walking pharmacy! I sure hope I get better otherwise no one will want to hug the bride!!

On to this weeks topic - Music!! I know I'm probably a little late in the game on this but I just started working with my DJ to pick songs. Dewayne, with VIP Entertainment, has the greatest web site where you can make an online playlist for the DJ. There are three sections for you to fill out, including 50-60 songs for your "must play" list, 10 for your "absolutely do not play" list, and any extras you would like to hear on the "play if possible" list.

Matt and I are going to spend the weekend searching VIP's site of over 30,000 songs and try to pick our favorites. I know for sure what will be on my "absolutely do not play" list......YMCA and the electric slide. I don't mind the cha cha slide dance but the other two just don't do it for me. There is always the argument that these songs are "crowd pleasers" and get people out on the dance floor. But I'm hoping, with our guests, it will not come to that.

What do you think about popular line dances as a part of the wedding? Do you have any songs that were show stoppers at your wedding? I can use all the help I can get!

No comments:

Post a Comment