Monday, June 15, 2009

Jackie's Wedding Planning Journey - More Showers!!

This past weekend I took a mini vacation to Bradenton, FL, my home town, for another wedding shower and some quality family time - seeing my family so often has been one of the best perks of the wedding planning journey. My family went above and beyond to make the shower amazing. There were custom napkins with my name and the date of the shower, food galore, amazing cupcakes, and it was just perfect.

My Grandmother gave me a really special gift that I had to share. I am not a cook. I am a baker. Grandma taught me to bake as soon as I was old enough to stand up on my own. She even had a special apron for me that said "Little Helper," with pockets for my baking tools. Well unbeknownst to me, she has kept it after all these years; and she gave it to me with the hope that one day I will have a "little helper" of my own and pass on the baking tradition! I, of course, cried. It was so touching and I just love her so much.

Seriously, how could you not love this woman?!

And here I am, the "Little Helper" all grown up.


Not only was it my bridal shower, but it was also my youngest cousin's dance recital. I started taking dance lessons when I was three and continued up until I went to college, so there is a special place in my heart for a 3 hour long dance recital. I am so excited that she shares my love of dance and I was so happy to be able to make it home for her recital! She danced beautifully and also won a $500 dance scholarship. Here she is on stage after accepting the scholarship.

No comments:

Post a Comment