Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Tricia Huddas & Co. Real Weddings - Lauren and Ian, The Two-Week Wedding

Lauren and Ian are one of the greatest couples that we have worked with and, unfortunately, we only had two weeks to get to know them and get them married!

I received a call from Lauren's mother just two weeks before their wedding date. She was very upset that her daughter had been planning her wedding for a year at an all-inclusive venue, when, on the day of her bridal portraits, she was told "if you don't like it, then you can just take your wedding elsewhere," as she was trying to get answers to some of her questions and finalize her plans. I'd like to send a big "YIKES!" out to their customer service coordinator, whoever that may be.

So "take their wedding elsewhere" they did. Lauren's mother and I spoke for a frenzied 30 minutes as she went over the details they had in place and what they would now need - a venue for the ceremony and reception, Food and Beverages and a DJ. Otherwise known as nearly all of their wedding vendors. And even though I was thinking "WHAT AM I GETTING MYSELF INTO?!," I believed enough in our company and the wonderful Savannah wedding vendors that we work with that I was able to say “Please just call your daughter and tell her that we will take care of it – I don’t know what we are going to do yet, but we will make this even better then it was!”

I immediately started making calls to all of my good friends and venues! Most venues were booked, but I stumbled across a venue that had an opening and was absolutely perfect – the Harper Fowlkes House. Though I had never spoken to the bride and was not sure if she even knew that her mother had hired me in the last two hours, I called her photographer and asked that she send Lauren to see me after their bridal portrait shoot.

When Lauren walked into the beautiful courtyard of the Harper Fowlkes House she almost cried – PERFECT! This venue was exactly what they were looking for initially, but just never found! So we signed on the dotted line and the real work began.

Lauren and Ian's wedding ended up being an amazing evening. Check in tomorrow for the details that came together with the help of some of Savannah's best.


The Harper Fowlkes House and Courtyard.

No comments:

Post a Comment