Friday, April 24, 2009

Jackie's Wedding Planning Journey - Wedding Newsletter

Yes, it may sound like I am going totally "Bridal," but hear me out. This is a great idea to keep people in the know about your wedding. Believe it or not, many of your guests want to know all the details of your wedding - color scheme, centerpieces, about your bridal party, etc. It feels strange but so many of my parents' friends are asking so many questions about the wedding that I never thought other people would care about. People are nosy. Especially women, myself included. We all love weddings and want to know all about them! Since many of my parents friends are not blogger savvy I had to come up with a way to keep everyone posted on what is going on. Hence.....a newsletter all about the wedding! I ran the idea past a few of my mom's friends and they were so excited...more than I was expecting!

The Wedding Newsletter is something that I just started working on this week. My plan is to send it out approximately 4 to 5 weeks after I send the wedding invitations - about 3 weeks before the actual wedding. Not only is this a great way to remind those who have not yet RSVP'd, it also contains all the necessary information about Savannah that I could not fit in my invitations. Some of the things I am including are directions from the various hotels to the church, fun Savannah activities that guests may enjoy, a map of downtown Savannah, and anything that will help all of my out of town guests feel super prepared for their trip to Savannah. On a less practical note, I am sharing the "how he proposed" story and also doing bios for the Bridal Party, properly titled "Meet the Bridal Party." I am including pictures, stories and anything else I can fit into four pages. Suggestions are welcome! I am leaving one square blank. for guests to fill out with their best advice for Matt and I, cut it out, and bring with them to the reception. There will be some sort of container for them to drop the cards in. I realize not everyone will do this but it will be fun for those who do!

So, whether or not you are having an intimate gathering or inviting 500 people, this is such a wonderful way to make everyone feel important and keep your guests informed. The only real cost is some extra postage but if you are like me you ordered extra anyway.

If you all have any additional ideas I would love to hear them or if you think I am just going completely "bridal" let me know :)

No comments:

Post a Comment